Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wedding Shoes

IMG_3207

IMG_3209

On January 1st, 2011 (1/1/11 should have waited for more ones on 11/11/11) a couple of my friends got hitched. The bride saw a pair of wedding shoes online that were customized by an artist in a very unique way. She sent me the pictures and asked me if it’s something I thought I could do. Not wanting to say no to a bride to be (I think that’s 7 years bad luck or something) and seeing this as an opportunity to not only give her a one of a kind wedding present, but to try something new and out of my comfort zone.

 

So I asked her to make me a list of her and the grooms favorite things and used those ideas to decorate them. After making a mess of the “practice pair” of shoes by trying various paint markers and such I ended up using Sharpies. I found them to feel the most natural for me and they also gave the shoes a consistent hand drawn look. After I was done I put on several coats of protective fixative spray. The photos were taken by their wedding photographer.



No comments:

Post a Comment